A law firm Bethesda MD resident trusts is one that will aggressively advocate for clients who have been injured by another party’s negligence or recklessness.
If someone causes an accident resulting in an injury to you – whether from a car collision, a defective product, or an unsafe sidewalk – you should be able to recover for your injuries. However, personal injury law is complex, and insurance companies often resist paying what is rightly owed. Skilled attorneys from a law firm Bethesda MD clients recommend understand that insurance companies are in business to make money and when they have to pay out damages to injured victims, those funds cut into their profit.
The Bethesda law firm of Brown | Gould | Kiely has built a strong reputation of aggressively standing up for clients against insurance companies who try to minimize or deny claims. We fight to maximize the recovery settlements of our clients. We will stand with you shoulder-to-shoulder to help you navigate the difficult questions involved with your case.
We are proud to say that we are a law firm Bethesda MD families, individuals, and businesses have relied on since 1998. Our founding partners began practicing law over than 20 years ago. Though our team of lawyers has grown, our core values haven’t changed.
As a boutique law firm in Bethesda MD, we continue to offer our clients the same high standard of ethical litigation both in word and action. As always, our goal is to be the type of law firm Bethesda MD is proud to call their own.
Personal Injury Law
Brown | Gould | Kiely is proud to represent clients in the area of personal injury law. If someone causes an accident that results in your injury, whether it’s a car accident, a slip and fall accident, or a defective product, you deserve to recover maximum damages for your injury and property costs. Unfortunately, personal injury law can be complex, and some insurance companies refuse to pay victims what is rightly owed. Our law firm Bethesda MD counts on fights hard to maximize our clients’ recovery settlements. We may help you navigate the difficult legal maze of your personal injury case.
Car Accident Injury
We work with injured victims of car, truck, and bike accidents that were caused by someone else. If you or someone you care about has been injured due to another’s negligence, call us immediately. The sooner we can discuss your case, the sooner you can make decisions that may put the accident behind you.
Slip and Fall Accident
If a landlord, government agency, or homeowner is negligent about repairing or addressing a dangerous walkway or stairs that have injured you, they may be liable. As a law firm Bethesda MD injury victims call first, we may investigate the accident scene and other critical details to show that you were not at fault. Take advantage of our free initial consultation to find out more about your legal options.
Defective Product Injury
Defective product lawsuits are often complex, time-intensive, and frustrating. Our law firm Bethesda MD victims depend on has extensive experience handling even the most complex multi-party cases. If you have suffered a serious injury due to a defective part or machinery, don’t hesitate to call us. If a loved one was fatally injured due to a defective product, talk to us about the possibility of a wrongful death suit. Brown | Gould | Kiely is a law firm Bethesda MD relies on when innocent victims need their rights protected.
Damages in a Personal Injury Case
Regardless of how you were injured, there are specific damages you may be entitled to based on the circumstances of your case. Damages are broken down into two categories: economic and noneconomic.
Economic damages are those that have an actual dollar amount attached to them. Examples of economic damages you may be able to claim include:
- All medical bills, including emergency room treatment, hospital stays, doctor visits, physical therapy, mental therapy, medical equipment, and medication. You may also be able to collect for future medical expenses if your injury is one which will require long-term or permanent treatment.
- Lost wages from being unable to work because of your injuries. This also includes reimbursement for any benefits you may have lost, such as vacation time or sick days, bonuses, and any other benefit reimbursement. If you were unable to accept a promotion or new job because of your injuries, or your injuries have left permanent damage affecting your ability to perform your job, your Bethesda law firm may be able to obtain loss of income damages.
- If you have been left permanently disabled by your injury, and this disability has required special handicap alterations to your home, or other necessary lifestyle changes, you may also be entitled to collect for those financial damages.
Accident victims are also allowed to seek noneconomic damages for their injuries. These include pain and suffering, emotional anguish, or loss of companionship or consortium. Noneconomic damages do not have an immediate dollar value attached and must be calculated differently. There are two different methods that a law firm in Bethesda MD may use to determine those damages:
- The first method is to add up all the economic damages a victim has and then multiply that amount by a number between one and five. That number is determined by the extent of the victim’s injuries.
- The second method is to use a “per diem” amount and multiply that amount by the number of days between the day the injury occurred and the day the victim’s physician determines they have reached their maximum medical recovery.
Contact a Law Firm Bethesda MD Clients Trust
At Brown | Gould | Kiely, you’re not just another client to us. Typically, people do not come to us for help when everything is going well. They come to us because they are in a difficult situation and need our legal assistance. We care about what our clients are going through, and make every effort to solve their problems.
Call us today for a complimentary consultation to learn how a law firm Bethesda MD offers may help you too.