Brown | Gould | Kiely is the kind of litigation law firm Washington, DC residents can count on for successful results, support, and guidance. Having represented thousands of clientele, each with their own litigation requirements, we know how to maneuver through intricacies and complex matters that are often involved in a claim. If you are seeking a resolution to a dispute, argument, or legal mishap, we are a Washington, DC litigation law firm you can count on for fair and honest advice.
Our lawyers have extensive experience representing developers, corporations, small businesses, organizations, and individuals. Guided by a passionate drive and dedication to get results, we will give our client the time and attention their cases need.
Understanding Civil Litigation
Civil litigation involves the legal pursuit to find a solution, or resolution, for a dispute or matter that does not involve criminal charges overseen by a prosecutor. Cases can be filed by an individual or litigation law firm in Washington, DC. However, it’s recommended to opt with the latter to ensure the process is smooth and hassle free. Once your claim has been established, and a case filed, a lawyer can prepare to find a solution through arbitration, mediation, or trial.
Typically the core reason to file a litigation claim is to seek a remedy such as monetary damages or equitable relief. The latter requires a judge to order the defending party to refrain from a participating in a certain action for a period of time. For example, a judge might order the party to stay away from the defending party, or else face punishment.
How a Litigation Law Firm Washington, DC Provides May Help
As a litigation law firm, Brown | Gould | Kiely has decades of combined experience. This includes litigation at courts of all levels as well as alternative resolutions or procedures for ongoing disputes. Some of our areas of knowledge include the following:
- Appellate Advocacy: If you are planning on filing an appeal for a civil suit, having a litigation law firm Washington, DC respects on your side may prove to be invaluable. The lawyers at our firm have extensive experience handling claims in various appellate courts throughout the Washington, DC metro area, as well as in New York, Delaware, and Florida.
- Business and Construction Litigation: When two or more parties engage in professional agreements, partnerships, or transactions, it’s not uncommon for disputes to arise. As an experienced litigation law firm in Washington, DC can attest, projects that involve several parties— such as construction projects, often have highly complex legal issues to address. As a top litigation law firm Washington, DC has to offer, our firm has extensive experience with mechanic liens, warranty claims, and construction bonds. We also have experience with business torts, creating and disputing non-compete clauses, business formation, and shareholder agreements.
- Personal Injury: When an individual is injured due to the negligence of another party, they may be able to collect compensation for their losses through a civil suit. Compensation can often include payment for lost wages, coverage for medical bills (both past and future bills associated with the injury), and even compensation for intangible pain and suffering. Common types of personal injury claims involve injuries from motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall accidents, nursing home abuse and negligence, and defective products.
- Wrongful Death: When an act of negligence or wrongdoing results in a fatal injury, the victim’s surviving family members may want to file a wrongful death claim. Compensation through a wrongful death claim can cover current losses, such as outstanding medical bills and funeral costs, as well as future losses, such as loss of the individual’s income and benefits. These types of civil suits are often very complex and therefore it’s recommended that families hire a litigation law firm Washington, DC residents trust.
- Asbestos Injuries: Injuries related to asbestos exposure require extensive legal consideration, and for this reason, it’s wise to consider hiring a lawyer for counsel. Illnesses and injuries related to asbestos rarely present symptoms immediately after exposure. Instead, illnesses such as lung cancer and asbestosis begin displaying symptoms in the late stages when it is difficult for medical professionals to provide adequate care. Even though asbestos is prohibited in the U.S. in nearly every product, there are still countless consumer products that were manufactured and distributed before restrictive legislation was enacted.
- Estate Litigation: Estate litigation is something that many families address prior to or following the loss of a loved one. Individuals often turn to a litigation law firm Washington, DC counts on for assistance in creating wills or trusts, or for counsel during a probate court process. An estate litigator may also help families understand their inheritance rights and legal tax requirements.
As a trusted litigation law firm Washington, DC can provide, other areas of litigation experience include:
- Business fraud
- Fair credit reporting act disputes
- Property damage
- Intellectual property litigation
- Professional liability
- Public bond resolutions
- Products liability
- Workers’ compensation
- Consumer law claims
Litigation is highly complex. If you are unsure about having a claim, you can talk with a litigation law firm Washington, DC depends on for honest, fair advice. A lawyer from our firm will be happy to discuss your possible legal options, either in person or over the phone, at your earliest convenience.
Choosing a Washington, DC Litigation Law Firm to Represent You
The final outcome of your claim might depend upon various factors, including the total cumulative losses and applicable evidence. By having a lawyer on your side, you can feel confident in knowing your claim is in good hands. A good lawyer, such as one from Brown | Gould | Kiely, may represent you through every step of the process. You will provide with honest answers to support the options that you may have available to you as well as any questions. With our guidance, you should be able to settle your claim in a timely manner and with the results you seek.
Brown | Gould | Kiely: A Litigation Law Firm Washington, DC Trusts
We pride ourselves in our ability to offer the utmost servitude to every client. By working with us, you will feel confident in knowing you will get comprehensive support when you need it most. Regardless of what you may have been told about a legal matter, litigation can be of all shapes and sizes which is why you should hear the advice of a professional lawyer. To schedule a consultation with a litigation law firm Washington, DC offers, please call 410-625-9330.