Resolving Business Disputes
Are you starting a business and need to speak to a business lawyer Maryland residents trust? Congratulations! You’re excited to launch your business plan, you’ve found partners and suppliers, and you’re confident there are customers out there. Now all you need is a seasoned Maryland business lawyer to move forward.
This would be a good time to also develop a dispute resolution policy with a law firm businesses turn to. At Brown | Gould | Kiely, we have 30 years of experience helping businesses and partnerships amicably traverse obstacles that may arise.
When everything looks so promising, it’s hard to see how could it go wrong. The truth is, there are many ways it can. The good news is there are many ways to prevent small disagreements from growing into complicated disputes which damage relationships and drain resources. A skilled business lawyer Maryland companies depend on can guide you through this process.
There are two steps a business lawyer Maryland locals rely on may advise you that you can take: preliminary and proactive:
- Develop clear and complete policies for all aspects of your business operations and especially customer relationships. Adhere to these policies and train employees to do so as well.
- Communicate honestly with your customers about their needs and exactly how your business can supply them. Most misunderstandings arise from lack of clarity about customers’ expectations or the business’ scope of services.
- When you practice excellent communication up front, you will be able to recognize when an inquirer may or may not be a good customer for the service your business offers. It’s better to be sorry you lost a customer than to be sorry you got him.
- Don’t seal deals with a handshake. Scope of work, budget, timeline, payment schedule — put it all in a written contract to which all parties agree. Should a customer change his mind anytime, create a change-order and secure the agreement with a signature. Keep written copies of agreements.
- Continue communicating with customers during the process of their work. You will thus develop a good relationship in which you can catch and resolve disputes early.
- Be informed about the legal responsibilities of your business operations. This will include contract laws, regulations, taxes and finances. Seeking professional legal advice on these matters early will free you from worries and prevent a host of disputes in the future.
Don’t be alarmed by issues that may arise. Instead view them as opportunities to further win the customer’s loyalty. When you and your employees are accessible and approachable, your customers will feel comfortable asking questions. If you deal with those questions in a calm, timely and complete manner, you’ll nip most problems in the bud. And your customers will continue to trust and recommend you to their networks.
Contact a Business Lawyer Maryland Clients Recommend for Help
If you would like to speak with a business lawyer in Maryland, call our law firm today to set up a free consultation. If you are in the Bethesda area, call 301-718-4548. Clients in the Baltimore area can reach us at (410) 625-9330.
Reach out to a business lawyer Maryland provides from Brown | Gould | Kiely for advice and you will lay a strong foundation for your business’ growth and success.
Learn more about Fundamental Shareholder Rights.