When Do You Need a Business Litigation Attorney Maryland Trusts?
If you are a business owner who has been fortunate enough to avoid business litigation so far in the life of your business, consider yourself lucky. Inevitably, no matter how well your business is run, you will encounter conflict that must be handled through the civil court system. Although it is never fun to have disputes end up in court, if you prepare yourself and your business for the possibility of litigation before it happens you can ease the financial and emotional strain that may otherwise accompany litigation.
1. What is business litigation? Business litigation is a subset of business law that involves resolving disputes that arise in the course of operating your business through the civil court system in your state. Not all conflict goes to trial, but many conflicts involve filing a complaint with the court stating your grievances. Parties to litigation must respond to complaints and operate within the rules of the court or risk losing their case before it even starts.. Business litigation can encompass a variety of specific legal issues including breach of contract, disputes between partners or shareholders, litigation involving your intellectual property, disputes with your insurance providers, and bankruptcy. Contract disputes are an especially common issue for businesses of all sizes. For example, if a purchaser sues you for breach of contract because they allege that you did not provide the services you promised, you will likely end up going to court or at least responding to their complaint initially through the court system.
2. Why might I need to litigate? You may need to litigate if you have a dispute with a partner or co-business owner or with someone who you have contracted with for services or goods. For example, if you contract with a seller to provide you with certain goods for either resale or for use in the production of your own product and that seller provides something other than what you requested, but refuses to refund your payment, you will likely need to the help of a business litigation attorney and the court system to get your money back. In another example, a business may be trying to use a name very similar to your own, causing confusion for your customers and damaging your reputation. You can use the court system to stop their infringement. Finally, if you have a dispute with a co-owner about how to run the business or about how profits are shared, you may end up in litigation.
3. How can I prevent business litigation? The best way to prevent business litigation is to be thoughtful about all business relationships. Draft contracts that are strong and address contingencies. Consult with a business litigation attorney before you have a disagreement with anyone to make sure that you are taking all the steps necessary to protect yourself. In the event that business litigation arises, remember to keep a cool head. Consult a business litigation attorney or a neutral party before escalating any situation.
Your best source of information for how to prepare for business litigation or handle issues you are currently having is to consult with a qualified business attorney who also has experience litigating in the courtroom. An experienced business litigation attorney Maryland clients recommend will be able to offer you options, advice, and advocate for your business to protect your interests.
How a Business Litigation Attorney Maryland Business Owners Rely on Can Help
If you are involved in a dispute over your business, it may be time to contact a business litigation attorney Maryland provides. At Brown | Gould | Kiely, we draw upon decades of experience in litigating business disputes for clients. We have the intellectual artillery, creative resources, and strategic maneuvering needed to solve the most complex problems. We are also ready and willing to scale our zealous approach and provide effective, simple litigation for routine matters. If you would like to find out about your legal options, call a Maryland business litigation attorney like Brown | Gould | Kiely.
Your Objectives MATTER
As a business litigation attorney in Maryland, we believe that the first tactic to consider is your objectives. From the very onset, we will try to incorporate your vision of a successful result when considering the dispute in question. With this in mind can we draw on our substantial experience to craft unique strategies that fulfill your needs.
When you talk to a business litigation attorney Maryland relies on for results from our firm, we will review the possibilities of pre-litigation counseling, mediation, and arbitration. If need be, we can provide state and federal representation for court litigation. Regardless of what kind of business you are in, we are ready to assist you. Some companies we commonly work with include:
- Limited Liability Companies (LLC)
- S Corporations
Business Litigation Matters We Deal with Often
At Brown | Gould | Kiely, when you’re looking for a business litigation attorney Maryland provides, we know that lawsuits can be a very costly solution. We don’t believe in mindlessly going through the standard motions of a case. Instead, we will take a proactive approach to build a strong defense on your behalf. We will be ready to exploit any opportunity to solve the problem in the quickest manner possible. Rest assured that our depth of experience is vast and includes the following:
- Breach of contract claims
- Business torts
- Unfair competition claims
- Lender liability or financing disputes
- Real estate/property disputes
- Security breaches
- Shareholder or partnership disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
- Internet and social media disputes
- Copyright/trademark infringement
- Trade secret claims
- Employment litigation
- General business disputes
The aforementioned list is not exhaustive. If you don’t see your concern listed, please call a business litigation attorney Maryland entrepreneurs count on from our firm and we can discuss your unique matter.
Why Brown | Gould | Kiely
Brown | Gould | Kiely has successfully reached desirable results for thousands of clients. We have built and maintained a strong reputation for decades and it is our intention to continue. When you retain us you can expect:
- Aggressive representation
- Honest advice you can count on
- Frequent communication and updates
- Solutions in the fastest way possible
We are a firm of amicable, experienced lawyers who will work with you in proactive ways that will avoid any major hurdles or complications. If you are ready to work with a business litigation attorney Maryland businesses count on, please call Brown | Gould | Kiely today.