I have always had a passion for the law, so much so that it’s hard to recall when it began. My father and uncle maintained their own law firm, which I grew up around, in Buffalo, New York. After graduating from law school, I practiced under them—my first and best mentors.
I joined Brown | Gould | Kiely, LLP in November 2010 and prior to then, practiced civil litigation in the D.C. area. With more than fifteen years of litigation experience, I strike a balance between representing commercial litigation clients and people who have been injured. Having previously litigated personal injury from the defense perspective, I have an insider’s view of how cases are assessed, which I am able to use to our clients’ advantage.
Brown | Gould | Kiely’s integrity and devotion to our clients above all else is what initially drew me to the firm. My colleagues are thoughtful and hardworking, with a strong sense of fairness, and I am proud to be a member of this team.
I am licensed in the federal and state courts of Maryland, New York, and the District of Columbia, where I reside with my family. In my spare time, I try to improve my status as a perpetually fledgling glass blower.
- District of Columbia
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for Maryland
- United States Bankruptcy Court for District of Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- State University of New York at Buffalo, 1995, BA
- State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Law, 1999, JD
Professional Associations and Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association – Litigation Section
- Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
- New York State Bar Association